Founded in 1993 CarTech, Inc has become one of the leading publishers of how-to automotive titles for the hardcore enthusiast. It is a company run by enthusiasts…for enthusiasts. No matter what the trends, from pro street to pro touring, from tire shredding big blocks to high revving electronically controlled turbo mills, CarTech will publish it!
Our benefits package includes vacation and holiday benefits, medical, dental, life, long-term disability insurance, health care spending accounts, as well as 401(k).
Send Your Resume
Email a cover letter and resume to (see below for specific contact information) or fax your cover letter and resume to (651) 277-1203. Mail to CarTech, Inc., Attn: Human Resources, 39966 Grand Avenue, North Branch, MN 55056
We will respond to qualified candidates.
Send resume along with salary history to Molly Koecher (email@example.com)
Responsibilities: This position will be responsible for acquiring and preparing manuscripts for publication based on the company’s subject area and growth goals. They will be expected to lead, manage and supervise the entire manuscript process for print and digital books bringing products in on time and on budget.
Requirements: At least 5 years of experience in book publishing that includes editorial and supervisory experience, along with extensive project management experience. A personal interest and participation in motorsports or automotive hobbies is a must. A college degree is preferred.
1. Effectively manage and lead all acquisitions activities and personnel to achieve maximum productivity and quality of product for the company.
2. Conceive and present ideas for books to publishing/marketing departments.
3. Oversee all active book projects including reviewing material to ensure thoroughness and accuracy.
4. Solicit and contract authors. Evaluate outlines, sample chapters, photos and manuscripts, accept or return as necessary. Edit manuscripts for content and clarity or send out for freelance edit. Prepare manuscripts and deliver to managing editor.
5. Monitor workflow and schedules.
6. Develop long-term publishing plan; determine how to allocate funds/manpower/effort to subject areas based on that plan.
7. Work with marketing department to develop ideas and sell books.
8. Work with business department to determine how and when books should be published in relation to cash flow.
9. Recruit, train, and supervise all editorial staff (including freelancers) as necessary. Allocate and monitor workflow.
10. Assist acquisition editors with problems and difficult situations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
1. Detailed orientated and very well organized.
2. Proven ability to lead and motivate other to achieve high standards.
3. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
4. Interest and active participation in motorsports or other automotive hobbies/pursuits.
5. Experience and contacts in the automotive performance/hobby industries.
6. Degree in English, Journalism, or Communications field preferred but not necessary if it’s replaced with equivalent experience.
7. Ability to work on multiple projects, often under the pressure of meeting deadlines.
8. Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills with authors and co-workers.
9.Ability to discern quality in every aspect of a product.