Founded in 1993 CarTech, Inc has become one of the leading publishers of how-to automotive titles for the hardcore enthusiast. It is a company run by enthusiasts…for enthusiasts. No matter what the trends, from pro street to pro touring, from tire shredding big blocks to high revving electronically controlled turbo mills, CarTech will publish it!
Our benefits package includes vacation and holiday benefits, medical, dental, life, long-term disability insurance, health care spending accounts, as well as 401(k).
Send Your Resume
Email a cover letter and resume to (see below for specific contact information) or fax your cover letter and resume to (651) 277-1203. Mail to CarTech, Inc., Attn: Human Resources, 39966 Grand Avenue, North Branch, MN 55056
We will respond to all qualified candidates. No phone calls, please.
Special Sales and Marketing - In house sales
This position will be expected to understand and become an expert in the company’s sales venues, including retail and wholesale accounts, the automotive aftermarket, specialty accounts and other markets in which sales potential exists. This is an entry-level position.
Plan and arrange targeted selling through personal contacts with key accounts, prospects and commissioned sales reps. Outreach to key influencers in the online automotive world to create marketing partnerships.
1. Maintain all existing in-house retail, wholesale and specialty accounts. Work with sales manager on the maintenance and establishment of aftermarket chain retailers such as AutoZone, Advance, Pep Boys, etc.
2. Research, contact and establish specialty accounts related to our subject matter via internet, magazines etc..
3. Assist Sales Manager with the maintenance of national booktrade accounts like Barnes & Noble.
4. Assist Digital Marketing manager with consumer emails, social media postings and the development of relationships with websites, forums and blogs related to our subject matter.
5. Design specialized E-blasts targeting existing and potential customers based on book content and existing customer’s past purchases.
6. Develop strong relationships with traditional media (magazines) and their online counterparts to create multiple cross-promotional opportunities.
7. Solicit various car clubs and organizations related to our subject matter and maintain a current database of contacts. Create promotional material they can use and sales bundles specific to the group.
8. Work with/encourage authors to take advantage of various online marketing opportunities as well as potential signings
9. Work with Marketing Assistant to develop effective sales and marketing materials.
10. Manage and present company at industry trade shows.
11. Research all potential trade shows and car shows that may be appropriate for CarTech titles. Find and work with existing vendors to make our books available. Learn about vending options.
12. Research all potential appropriate tie-ins related to new and forthcoming titles including events, shows, anniversary gatherings, etc and promote titles properly to increase sales and recognition of the book and author.
13. Assist Sales Manager with contracting Licensee’s on potential launch books (Chrysler, Ford, GM)
14. Advise management on customer inquiries for potential book subjects
15. Answer phones
16. Other duties as assigned
1. Interest and active participation in motorsports or other automotive hobbies/pursuits
2. Strong verbal and written communications skills
3. Outgoing personality
4. BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field – or equivalent experience
5. Internet and social media savvy
6. Previous marketing copywriting experience or classroom instruction
7. Ability to manage multiple tasks
8. Ability to take periodic sales and event trips
Email a cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com or fax your cover letter and resume to (651) 277-1203. Mail to CarTech, Inc., Attn: Human Resources, 39966 Grand Avenue, North Branch, MN 55056
This is not a telecommuting position. We will respond to all qualified candidates. No phone calls, please.