Founded in 1993 CarTech, Inc has become one of the leading publishers of how-to automotive titles for the hardcore enthusiast. It is a company run by enthusiasts…for enthusiasts. No matter what the trends, from pro street to pro touring, from tire shredding big blocks to high revving electronically controlled turbo mills, CarTech will publish it!
Our benefits package includes vacation and holiday benefits, medical, dental, life, long-term disability insurance, health care spending accounts, as well as 401(k).
Send Your Resume
Email a cover letter and resume to (see below for specific contact information) or fax your cover letter and resume to (651) 277-1203. Mail to CarTech, Inc., Attn: Human Resources, 838 Lake St S, Forest Lake, MN 55025
We will respond to all qualified candidates. No phone calls, please.
Accounting & Operations Manager
Responsibilities: Record, monitor and report financial assets and liabilities; inventory management (requisition and receiving). General oversight of facility operations. Performs the following duties personally or through support staff.
1. Maintain financial records, reconcile bank accounts and distribute company’s financials on a monthly basis.
2. Monitor cash flow and alert President and VP of any potential issues.
3. Monitor key operating indices that alert management group to significant trends.
4. Recruit and train support staff (1.5 Admin Assts & 1 Cust Serv Rep). Perform periodic performance and pay reviews.
5. Monitor inventory. Alert VP to products that need reprinting, order inventory from consignment vendors. Responsible for the requisition, receiving and storage of all inventory.
6. Oversee the fulfillment of orders. Issue credit to customers. Collections oversight.
7. Manage all aspects of payroll including acquiring all appropriate paperwork from staff, interfacing with the payroll company, and bookkeeping entries.
8. Maintain and update company budgets working closely with VP.
9. Responsible for corporate taxes. Interface with CPA to determine payments and make quarterly payments.
10. General bookkeeping duties, including: payables, receivables, new author/title/royalty records, vendor sales and commission reporting/payments, and vacation and sick leave records.
11. General facilities oversight, including the supervision of: equipment lease renewals, ordering of office supplies, custodial contracts, etc.
12. Maintenance and management of record keeping system (Acumen Book).
Skills: Ability to define, research and solve practical problems, strong verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of general ledger accounting, knowledge of computer systems, advance knowledge of Excel, and the ability to multitask.
Education and/or Experience: Requires education generally equivalent to a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, two years general accounting experience, and previous supervisory experience.
Cover letter, resume, and salary histories can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.