Founded in 1993 CarTech, Inc has become one of the leading publishers of how-to automotive titles for the hardcore enthusiast. It is a company run by enthusiasts…for enthusiasts. No matter what the trends, from pro street to pro touring, from tire shredding big blocks to high revving electronically controlled turbo mills, CarTech will publish it!
Our benefits package includes vacation and holiday benefits, medical, dental, life, long-term disability insurance, health care spending accounts, as well as 401(k).
Send Your Resume
Email a cover letter and resume to (see below for specific contact information) or fax your cover letter and resume to (651) 277-1203. Mail to CarTech, Inc., Attn: Human Resources, 838 Lake St S, Forest Lake, MN 55025
We will respond to all qualified candidates. No phone calls, please.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
This is an opportunity to work in the automotive industry for one of the leading publishing and education companies. This position will help us improve our digital reach and content awareness.
An enthusiastic and passionate addiction to cars in general and American muscle cars specifically, is the only way you will like this job. Not only are we looking for someone who’s passionate, you also need to be optimistic and driven to do great things, yet grounded and experienced enough to push through challenges.
- Create strategic partnerships with online magazines, forums, car clubs, and Facebook groups
- Cold call and cold email potential partners to build relationships
- Grow and manage database of contacts within a contact relationship management (CRM) program
- Set up and manage book giveaway contests with partners
- Send review copies of our books to influencers and follow up with them
- Work with forums and car clubs to become listed as a preferred vendor
- Recruit publishing partners to become affiliates
- Identify and contact individuals with the expertise and capability to be video personalities
- Work with authors on their social media efforts
- Assist with the development/creation of all consumer emails and social media postings, including the design of specialized e-blasts targeting existing and potential customers based on product content
*BONUS* Leverage current industry relationships with writers, editors, forum admins, and Facebook admins.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest and active participation in the automotive industry; automotive hobbies/pursuits
- Industry experience and contacts
- Ability to navigate digital landscape
- Deep understanding of automotive forums and Facebook pages and groups
- Ability to research and find relevant websites within a subject and collect contact information
- Willingness to make phone calls to build relationships and partnerships
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of automotive social media landscape and how to grow social following
- Identify potential automotive podcast partners for book giveaway contests
- 1–2 years experience working in the automotive industry in either a marketing or editorial capacity is a plus
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
FREELANCE ACQUISITIONS EDITOR
This is a freelance (non-employee) position responsible for the acquisition and preparation of manuscripts for publication based on the company's subject area and growth goals. Active participation in automotive hobbies and/or a background or understanding of automotive technical applications is a must to be successful in this position. Compensation will be paid to freelancers on a per project basis.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and qualify potential authors for titles ideas supplied by the Editorial Director
- Monitor the development of manuscripts and work with authors to maintain schedules.
- Maintain a standard of fewer than 325 days between contracting and manuscript acceptance.
- Evaluate author outlines, sample chapters, photos, and manuscripts at various stages throughout the writing process. Accept or return with specific instructions on what needs to be fixed or changed.
- Work with Editorial Director to determine appropriate cover image and negotiate with author to ensure correct image is provided.
- Determine if finished manuscript and photos are acceptable or if they need more work.
- Negotiate changes and additions with authors.
- Perform content/developmental edits and photos edits.
- Present finished manuscript and photos to managing editorial department in complete and correct form.
- Review edits and layouts. Work with author on changes.
What you don’t have to do:
- Details of contracting. You will be given a template of contract and terms and Editorial Director will do the rest.
- Copy editing. The only edit you will be responsible for is the content edit, which ensures completeness, photography up to standards and logical flow.
- Deal with anyone at CarTech except the Editorial Director
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com