Founded in 1993 CarTech, Inc., has become one of the leading publishers of how-to automotive titles for the hardcore enthusiast. It is a company run by enthusiasts…for enthusiasts. No matter what the trends, from pro street to pro touring, from tire-shredding big-blocks to high-revving electronically controlled turbo mills, CarTech will publish it!
Our benefits package includes vacation and holiday benefits, medical, dental, life, long-term disability insurance, health care spending accounts, as well as 401(k).
Send Your Resume
Email a cover letter, resume and salary history to the specific contact listed below.
We will respond to all qualified candidates. No phone calls, please.
FREELANCE ACQUISITIONS EDITOR
This is a freelance (non-employee) position responsible for the acquisition and preparation of manuscripts for publication based on the company's subject area and growth goals. Active participation in automotive hobbies and/or a background or understanding of automotive technical applications is a must to be successful in this position. Compensation will be paid to freelancers on a per project basis.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and qualify potential authors for titles ideas supplied by the Editorial Director
- Monitor the development of manuscripts and work with authors to maintain schedules.
- Maintain a standard of fewer than 325 days between contracting and manuscript acceptance.
- Evaluate author outlines, sample chapters, photos, and manuscripts at various stages throughout the writing process. Accept or return with specific instructions on what needs to be fixed or changed.
- Work with Editorial Director to determine appropriate cover image and negotiate with author to ensure correct image is provided.
- Determine if finished manuscript and photos are acceptable or if they need more work.
- Negotiate changes and additions with authors.
- Perform content/developmental edits and photos edits.
- Present finished manuscript and photos to managing editorial department in complete and correct form.
- Review edits and layouts. Work with author on changes.
What you don’t have to do:
- Details of contracting. You will be given a template of contract and terms and Editorial Director will do the rest.
- Copy editing. The only edit you will be responsible for is the content edit, which ensures completeness, photography up to standards and logical flow.
- Deal with anyone at CarTech except the Editorial Director
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com